Tuesday, August 28, 2007

More Birthday Stories and Pictures

Dear Avid Readers. More pictures along with stories of my dirty thirty weekend extravaganza. First of all, I would like to thank everyone at Nelson Blue for hosting a wonderful party. (Although Yours Truly loved everyone, I could have done without scary Manager Vanessa. I think she is the original Scary Spice. She was nice in an alien-awkward-no-understanding-of-personal-space sort of way) but besides that it was wonderful. Below are some pictures at the end of the night when Nelson Blue owner allowed me to make a birthday shot for all my buddies and do a late night toast to cap off the evening.

It's all in the wrist!



Here are buddies strolling through Central Park. As Yours Truly did not attend this adventure I will have to make up a tale as to what occured for this moment to be marked in time. After Green Buddy had some pickles from Gus' Pickle shoppe he was so estatic he had to tell Tan buddy what he ate and got her so excited they ran to Central Park to tell the masses that pickles are the next sliced bread!

Here Yours Truly and her Strawberry buddy on the Staten Island Ferry posing Sepia style in case we ever need a cover for our CD.

Here is Yours Truly and her brother shooting a pilot for a Twix commercial. As we strolled through South Street Seaport we saw some people handing out free Twix candybars. Like a good AZN we decided to head over and get ourselves some Twix when we discovered that we could also sign up to be in the next Twix commercial! Yours Truly and Bro auditioned for it and based on a quick photo I think we are a shoo-in!

Here is a picture taken toward the end of the evening in which Yours Truly and her Truly favoritest college roomies pose an (unattractively gorgeous) pose of what it looks like to be up at 3:45 in the morning after drinking since 7!

Here is a family shot. Please take a good look at the new faces of Twix!

Here is Yours Truly with the boy and the little sister at dinner/reception.

(will get into that later)

Here we are strolling along the East River-preparty!

Girls, Girls, Girls, Girls....

Gazing adoringly at the boy wondering if I will ever get my hat back!

Here is a pre-drunken shot!

Now here is a story all about how my life got twist turned upside down. And I like to take a minute and sit right here and tell you how I became the Princess of Bel-NYC.

Above are a few of my friends, my sister, my lifeline in this busy city. For my dirty thirty The Sisterhood planned something that was even beyong my wildest imagination. Lately, as Yours Truly was nearing thirty I found myself having no more vacation left, because all summer long I was attending weddings. Everyone and their grandma's seemed to be tying the knot. I feel so lucky to be attending these events but my wallet and bank account were not. When one adds up hotel, airfare, taxi, food, wedding gift, and liquor times about three or four times a year it gets to be quite hefty. Therefore, I was saying how if I never get married I will never get to register and I will never get gifts and how I wanted to throw myself a wedding like Carrie in Sex in the City. Well, of course Yours Truly is not that Aggressive to throw herself a wedding, so instead the theme of my dirty thirty was Signature Dance Moves.
When I arrived to dinner on the night of my birthday I was floored when I realzed that my sisters had planned a whole wedding for me. The table was beautifully decorated with center pieces and all my girlfriends got corsages (because they were my bridesmaids) and Joan got a boutonniere as the date to my wedding (I think it was only awkward for him for about 30 seconds) They had a guestbook ready for all my guests to sign. It was a wonderful dinner with champaigne and drinks-a-flowing. There was even a homemade cake, accompanied by shots at the end of the meal.
However another surprise came when we left the restaurant and headed to the bar and I realized that they had hired a photographer for the night to take pictures of my 30th. Finally, Yours Truly knows what Blohan feels like with the papparazzi. Everytime I turned or looked there was the Photographer clicking away. Also, since the theme was Signature Dance Moves, Yours Truly had 2 videographers who grabbed all the guests out one by one adn recorded their dance moves in which it will be edited into a "wedding" video.
The biggest shocker of the night was when my sisters pulled me outside and handed me a little box. A tiny little box that when opened was a large token of the love I feel for them. They got me a beautiful wedding ring. Although it is currently being re-sized, I will have a picture for you dear avid readers soon.
I wanted to take a minute and be extremely sentimental and say that I was so touched and am thankful everyday for the people in my life. I have to be one of the luckiest princess' alive. Not only did I have family, high school friends, college friends, and post college friends all there to support and love me for a whole weekend, but I realized the one thing I always thought that I didn't have which was a sister I actually have 11 of. Thank you girls for doing this for me. Thank you involving the sisters that weren't here so that on my birthday I bit of them were with me. New York would be a much different place if I had not met all of you!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

awesome recap of the evening's events D...it was so fun. You deserved it!