Monday, February 4, 2008

Check This Out

Dear Avid Readers...
A couple'a cool, quick things I want to share with you today. Number One, please check out my side links and click on Hurley Burley, because in it you will find that Hurley (a.k.a. Jorge Garcia) is an avid blogger like you and I and actually has his own blog which is pretty funny.

Number Two, last night the NY Giants won the superbowl and although Yours Truly does not "get" football I must admit that being in a bar filled with hundreds of Giants Fans did get me feeling all emotional and filled with joy when that dude caught the ball in a mid-air, sticky hands, sticky helmut, balls-out, heart-out, jump-grab that got the entire bar almost in tears but not as much as when that other dude caught the ball at the end that helped the Giants score.

I mean I understand that they were the underdogs and that they haven't won a superbowl in awhile that that it was an amazing feat...however, I don't understand why people don't see that the bigger amazement is that ONLY during sports games played by other dudes, do dudes, I mean big dudes, feel the most at ease expressing and demonstrating straight-up, raw emotions. It's something that kept me up for at least 10-15 minutes last night before falling asleep.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

lol...yes, i have never seen so many men express so much emotion as last night. on my way walking home i think i saw a few guys in tears, including one who was standing outside a bar and just shouted at the top of his lungs "WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!!" then picked up his girlfriend and gave her the hugest hug. If this is what it takes to get guys to show a little sensitivity i wish there was a superbowl everyday.

anyway, awesome game! GO GIANTS!!

1dorislee said...

Hmmm, interesting, because as I walked home from the bar John looked over at me, paused for a minute, and just when I thought I saw a glimmer of a tear in his eyes, he says to me, "hey babe, when we get home do you mind if I check out ESPN.com for awhile?"
Should I be worried :)

D-

Michelle said...

lol...too funny. no you should not be worried. that is way more normal than the guy who shouted and picked up his gf.