Thursday, February 28, 2008

Memories....like the corner of my....

Dear Avid Readers, I've decided to be a posting machine today and do two posts in one day...Holy Moly, I know. Anyways, first things first, I won't mention any names, but I recently was told by an Avid Reader that when there are posts with no pictures but ALL words - that they don't actually read it; therefore, I often put random pictures in which relates, NOT, to the story, but only as a mere mirage to make those who only read with pictures finish the story :)


(The O.F.L ((Original Fairchild Ladies) circa 2000))


So it is officially the 2nd to last day at my current job, and come Monday morning I will be starting on a new venture. It is all at once exciting and nerve wrecking. I know I will be expected to work much harder with this new position and I am actually looking forward to having some indespensible responsibilities; however with that being said it's the fear of the unknown that is worse than the unknown itself (I would like to contribute this misquote to someone fantastically famous, but I am pretty sure I made it up myself. Maybe one day it will be used in the book of quotes)

Here is a picture that I received from Miss M. I had totally forgotten about this picture of when we were in College. It was Halloween, I was a "flapper" working at Sam's Pizza, slinging beers and Calzones to my favoritest ladies.

So second story: I just recently discovered that Diablo Cody (Director and Writer of the Oscar Winning Film, Juno) She grew up in Naperville (like Yours Truly), She attended Benet High School (right by where Yours Truly grew up), she then graduated and went to the University of Iowa (like Yours Truly did), so why if we have SO much in common does she have an Oscar while I am answering questions like, "Yo' I want to be famous. Can your school do that?" Well, I put a lot of thought into it and I think it came down to the direction we took post college, while I decided to delay working in the "real world" and do some traveling, Diablo decided to put the term "real" back into real world and become a stripper. 5 years later I am at working entry level and Miss Cody has won herself an Oscar! Sweeeeet. If I ever have a daughter I will be sure to be supportive of any and all decisions, because at the end of the day I realize that there is no right path to sucess only individual journeys (hot damn....I am on a cliche quote ROLE!) I feel like a wise sage.

4 comments:

Oscar's Mama said...

Hey Miss D! I'm glad you like the pictures, I thought they were a fun trip down memory lane (yay, cliches!) Good luck on your last day and your new beginnings! And you know, you are really far from entry level! But I appreciate the sentiment about no path being the correct path, maybe we all should become strippers? Maybe there is some strange wisdom that comes from spending large amounts of time without your clothes on?

May Yang-Lee Photography said...

oh the diablo cody...talented in many things...although i am a social worker now...one day i will also win a deal or no deal!

Anonymous said...

what the heck is wrong with your head in the picture...its honestly looks like your head is away from your body and on that girl's shoulder...that more gross then having a fat dude's hand down your g-string with dollar bills...with pictures like that no wonder you are at a entry level job and i'm getting overhyped for writting a crappy teenage love story in which the best thing that happened was jason bateman signing up to do the movie...don't feel sorry for yourself...between you and me...besides the dollar bills...the fat man also gave me herpes...you are better off at the entry level position

your friend...
diablo cody aka: stripper who wrote juno

1dorislee said...

Uhm...did THE actual Diablo Cody just make a comment on my blog??? If so that's cooler than Jason Bateman signing up to do her movie. anyways, my head IS distorted, but again, I guess art is in the eye of the beholder, becuase you did win an oscar for an overhyped love story, albeit an incredibly cute-hipster-esque love story.