Wednesday, July 25, 2007

New Additions

Dear Avid Readers: It has been way too long. Yours is Truly apologetic for not being better. It has been a busy but fun summer so far for Yours Truly. I wanted to let you, my dear avid readers, be introduced to the 2 newest members of Yours Truly's family.

Firstly...

Yours Truly will soon have a little nephew. The expected date is sometime in early December. We are all anxiously awaiting the arrival of little (these are currenlty the names in contention)

1. Toto Africa Yu
2. Alcott Yu (but pronounced more like, "I'll cut you!")
3. Pullman Paxton Yu (or Paxton Pullman Yu, it would be interchangeable, just like the actors)

As a proud-to-be-soon-aunt I am voting for #2.


Secondly...

Yours Truly's little brother has an internship inTaiwan this summer. Whilst he has been interning hard in the rice paddies of Taiwan, he has managed to ring me 3 times. Now, keep in mind, this is the kid who never called when he was in Chicago, and even when I rang him he would very openly, and frankly, let me know how he had nothing else to say after approximately ten seconds. Well, I was flattered at these numerous calls, and was starting to feel as if through age we were becoming closer when I received an e-mail from my little brother with the words (and I quote) "I am in lovies" well, Yours Truly had to search high and low to find the potential newest member into our family....I don't want to use any names as to embarrass anyone, but for those of you who know here are some hints

  1. She is currently in Taiwan
  2. She thinks of herself as rice wine
  3. Her name rhymes with the Japanese Sushi Dish, Maki

And there it is Dear Avid Readers have yourselves an enjoyable day!

4 comments:

Michael & May said...

she is cute!

Anonymous said...

Precisely why he is in "lovies"
Thanks for responding to the evite...I can't wait to see you guys!

xoxoxoxo
Doris

robandsaki said...

hey Grandma D,

it would be really nice if you did not talk trash behind my back.........anyways me and saki (aka: my lovies) have our own blog. its robandsaki.blogspot.com so if you have anything else to add you can comment to both of us on our blog............

1dorislee said...

P.S. So Rob and Saki does this mean you guys are coming to my birthday???

Puh-lease