Monday, December 3, 2007

Ring in the New


Dear Avid Readers. You would be proud of Yours Truly because after 5 months of looking and checking online at Meetup.com I finally brought myself to an event. I am officially signed up for.......
1. Bookclub
2. Knitting club
3. Improve your Chinese Club
4. Volleyball Club
5. People who appreciate dining out club
6. Film Lovers club
But as of Saturday the only club I truly belonged to was the "I would never show up to a club-club"
However, as I have been trying to live life to the fullest, I decided that this Saturday Yours truly would finally take advantage of meetup.com and I finally attended my first MEETUP.COM/Volleyball club. It was interesting to say the least. It was a group of avid volleyball lovers ranging from 24 years old to 50 years old. Although I wasn't the best volleyball player by far I was comforted to know that I wasnt' the worst. It was certainly an interesting experience. I played from 2-5 (that's a long time and I am still sore) adn afterwards most of the group headed to a bar for dinner and drinks. I met a lot of really nice people and the experience was extremely positive. The first 10 minutes was B-Arthur (Brutal) but once I warmed up (literally and figuratively) it was all fun and games. On to other news. For my 2 dear avid readers. As an update. I receieved a letter from The Boy, and I do need to talk to someone for advice, however seeing as it is late I will hold off and hopfully talk to you two soon and maybe brainstorm as to what I should do and what this letter means. I feel a little Carrie Bradshaw/Mr. Big right now :)

5 comments:

Michael & May said...

When you mean two avid readers are you referring to me? Because if so YES I would love to know, but not so good at the advice, but have been very curious to know what the BOY had to write. On to other news like clubs it is awesome meeting people you may never have, like when michael and i joined the chicago social club v-ball or our condo events.

Anonymous said...

Yup you and Megan...without you two it would really be "Dear Avid Reader." But, having you two has allowed me to add an S to my Reader. I am probably going to bring the letter home to Chicago and have you guys read it and give me advice. I tried talking to Michael about it but he ended up saying
"Ultimately it's your decision.....I don't know...ask May"

Michelle said...

tELL ME TELL ME TELL ME CALL ME CALL ME CALL MEE

Anonymous said...

Have you made any decisions??? Or will decision time be after Christmas? I'm always available for further discussion other than the online chatting. Mmmmuaah.

Anonymous said...

No decisions. I've been doing good this week, so it's been one week stay, one week move. it's impossible to say, but for now I am feeling like I need to stay and do this for myself.
D-