Friday, December 14, 2007

Where can I purchase one of these for Christmas?

Dear Avid Readers. I think I may have to ask for a Paper Bag for Christmas this year. I just got off the phone with Yours Truly's mother and the conversation went as follows.

Mom: "When do you get home again"
Me: "On the 24th of December. My flight gets in early"
Mom: "oh good. because the Lee's are performing that night"
Me: "So you are for real? What are we doing"
Mom: "We will have to perform so we should think of something"
Me: "I thought we were singing Amazing Grace?"
Mom: "we are performing."

End of conversation. Anyone that has heard our family sing would probably be able to give the following testimony.

The Lee's have been so blessed in their lives. God blessed mom with strength, a home, a restaurant and 3 children, God blessed Yours Truly with the ability to grow hair at an incredible rate, God blessed brother 1 with an uncanny ability to attract people with a sense of direction so he would never need to learn how to navigate, God blessed brother 2 with an ability to find women who, come hell or high water, would do as he says. But no one. Not one soul, would ever say the words....God blessed the Lee's with vocal ability.

With that being said. We need lots, and I mean tons, of prayer because even though God doesn't judge, I am pretty sure those sitting in the pews do. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy shit. I haven't been to church in like 5 years but I'm willing to pick up the bible again just to see you guys "Perform".

Just for the record, I am requesting an acapella of "Careless Whisper" by George Michael.

OMG. This is going to be amazing.

Anonymous said...

No seriously. My ulcer is acting up just at the thought of having to stand up there and sing. The Lee families only chance at redemption is if we enlisted you, Ben and May. Or else this is going to Bah-Ru-Tal.
D-

Anonymous said...

Wait a second, I didn't even realize that this was like a "thing". Your whole family sings in front of the church! Wow! Will there be video?

Anonymous said...

it's not a "thing" I think it's an experiment my mom is testing out.

H=LS2

(Humiliation equals Lee's Singing squared)

it's going to be brutal.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so this isn't something you do every year?

Anonymous said...

definitely not a yearly thing. in fact, this is the first time ever that my mom wants to do this, which is why my cousin Jeff wants to request Careless Whisper. Meg, this is going to hurt so much it burns...oh man, is it going to burn.
D-

Anonymous said...

don't worry, nothing could be worse (or better) than the aerobics/body worship routine a few Christmases ago. Were you there to witness that one firsthand?

-Lin