Monday, January 7, 2008

2008!

Dear Avid Readers:
The vacation is over, 2007 is over, and we begin a whole new year with all new posts. Here are some pictures of Aunt Truly with little Maxwell. It was so nice to meet the little man, and he is SO small. I forget who little they are when they are less than a month old.

It was nice to see Anna and Scott. I can't believe how grown up they are. In fact, to embarrass us all at one point Scott was texting his friends and Jeffe grabbed the phone from him and read outloud, "Yeah, I'm stuck hanging out with a bunch of Twenty-Some-Year-Olds" well, jokes on him cuz I'm 30 sucka.

Here is a shot of some of the F.A.M. with Uncle Rob in the middle holding Max. Speaking of Uncle Rob, he left the day after this picture was taken with a one-way ticket to Taiwan. Yes, he is officially a resident of Taiwan and living with his girlfriends parents. When I asked him how that was going and if it was awkward his response was, "no, her mom and dad are both in China so we have the whole house to ourselves" so let the baby-making begin.

I also got a chance to see some High School Friends over Christmas break which was super nice. I realized as I sat drinking with my buddies that I am very lucky. Throughout Junior High, High School, College and Post college I've been adding and collecting friends and although it is to be expected that one should lose a couple friends here and there along the way, I am lucky that I have kept more than lost, which makes me happy. I have very few people I look back on and think, "I wonder where so-and-so is at now"

As for a New Years Resolution, Yours Truly has decided that this year I want to be more vocal in the things that i want and need. Specifically with work. As I still have to deal with Princess (yes the same crazy girl) everyday that I would play less a victim and more of an bystander. And I started with the fact that the other day she was very behind in her work, and since her work affects the rest of us I offered to help her with some. She hands me a HUGE stack (which I thought was rude as when someone offers to help you usually divide the stack evenly) anyways, as I was there typing away doing all her data entry I see her across the hall from my office chatting up a storm about her new "living room set" that her parents got her for Christmas. Before 2008 I would have sat there totally fuming and typed away, instead, I finished a handful of sheets and walked over to her and gave them right back to her saying, this was all I got to for today. I felt better.
Example 2:

Princess: "Hey I have a favor to ask of you"
Me: "yes?" (while continueing to type and work)
Princess: "well over Christmas I found this old friend of mine on Facebook and I realized she lives in Chicago so I was wondering if I could go on the next trip to Chicago instead of you?"
Me: "well, I am pretty sure Mark has already planned on me going during the january trip, but if you want to talk to him about it you certainly can."
Princess: "Well, I know that if I ask him he will say that you have family there, so I thought I would ask you, well what about the Chicago audition in March?"
Me: "Well clearly, because I have family there I will always say yes to going to Chicago, because it is important to me to see them, but, like I said, if you want to ask Mark about future Chicago auditions I can't stop you but that is something you two have to work out."
Then I proceeded to look down and do work and she walked out of my office. I mean she actually came in thinking I would trade my family in for "SOMEONE SHE JUST FOUND ON FACEBOOK!!!!" unbelievable. In 2007 I would have said sure, but now, I decided that I like going home with work so I was going to continue unless our boss says otherwise :)

And that, my dear avid readers, is a quick glance at the last week or so!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on D! I'm glad you stood up for yourself!

P.S. You're a cutie patootie aunt.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm giving you a virtual high-five for sticking to your boundaries.

-lin

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys. It felt good to finally tell Princess how it is :)
Although there are still lots of other areas that I could be more assertive but I figure it is a step toward the right direction!

D-

May Yang-Lee Photography said...

Awesome! she sounds ridiculous.

Michelle said...

yes i'm back in blog action D...great pictures with Max! Can't wait to han out for may's bday this weekend...see you in chi city :)