Wednesday, April 30, 2008

When Friends Visit

Dear Avid Readers, look at me posting like crazy. Last year when the boy and I went to Tokyo, Japan we stayed with the nicest brothers in the world! I will refer to them as M1 and M2. They were so hospitable and took us to the best restaurants, bars and touristy areas that Tokyo had to offer. That is why when M2 decided to visit I was ECSTATIC to show him my city, New York! (p.s. how tan am I????)


Here is M2 and myself after eating some yummy Chinatown food. His only request was no Japanese food and everything else is fine.
We went to a Mets game in Queens...here's me going in looking scared of spending a whole night watching baseball :)
The stairway that leads into the game is always my favorite part, because after having gone to so many games it still amazes me at how bright the ballpark gets.
Here they are playing. After the 9th inning it was still tied and although we tried staying through the whole game we decided to leave after the 10th inning (only so much baseball I can take) and they ended up winning (we later heard on the train)


The Mets were playing the Philly's that night and the dude with his mouth open behind us was so mean whenever he saw someone with a Philly's shirt on I mean foul language and calling him/her names really loudly...so rude. Then on the train ride home we saw a group of 5 girlfriends two of which were having a cat fight on the train. They were screaming and yelling so loudly that it brought the entire cart of the train together...well together in being annoyed and angry at the two girls.This was a funny night. So it was me, M2, our mutual friend's husband (in the gray) and M2's friend (in the white) Dear Avid Reader ladies...please let me know if this happens to you. When I first met Mr. White, he spoke only to my chest. I mean I have met plenty of dudes before where they take a glance and I understand that sometimes it is a natural reaction and when they've looked they then look up and speak to you in the face, however, Mr. White spent 85% of the evening answering my chest rather than my face. It was so ridonkulous it was actually very funny.
M2 and I spent our last night at Del Frisco's where we had a great dinner. My friend Miss H joined us later for some cocktails. This picture should have been last as we are finished and stuffed in this picture!

Here is us in the midst of a very delicious dinnerand just to cap it off and let my dear avid readers who are also food lovers such as yours truly I will list for you our menu for the evening!

1. started with some champagne (mmmmmm....bubbly)
2. appetizer of Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes baked, not fried (one of my favorite dishes at Del's)
3. for entree we shared a Porterhouse Steak (medium rare) a 14 ounce Lobster Tail
4. for sides we ordered creamed corn and au gratin potatoes
5. for wine my friend Miss M brought over a delicious bottle of something or another for us to drink
6. for dessert we ordered a Del's Delight (one of my favorite desserts)

This is a pre-post to my brother and sister in law who are coming to visit this weekend. I can't wait to have more friends visit and be in town....I love it!

1 comment:

May Yang-Lee Photography said...

Lobster Tail ! Steak ! This M2 must of been real generous in Japan. Too bad my husband is Michael Z Lee, I truly believe you reap what you sow, so likely no one will be returning any favors to him. GREAT! Anyways Mr. White is the spitting image of MR BEAN...creeeeeppy