Sunday, May 4, 2008

Birthdays, Headbands, Families and Other Daily Grinds

Dear Avid Readers: So, lately I've been noticing the return of the "hippie headband" worn by all of today's tops celebs. And as someone who prides herself in reading ALL the celebrity blogs, I decided that it was a look that was definitely making a "comeback"

Therefore, when my brother and sister in law decided to visit to celebrate of favorite friend M's birthday, I decided that I would be the next AZN BloHan and don a headband as well. However, those of you who know me knows how I despise shopping, name brands, and trends; therefore, in order still pull of the look without having to actually shop, I decided to raid M's closet for the nearest belt.
This is what I came up with. (p.s. here is M, my brother and I letting all my dear avid readers know that we are in major support of MW...the midwest....wo shua hollers)
This is the evening of St. Patricks Day where the ladies and I donned our green garb and headed out for a night of celebrating....afterall, I am 3% Irish.
This was a birthday drink that M's HBO co-workers threw for her that I jumped in on. It was a fun night of rooftop drinking and although I will never head back to the bar (too crowded and terrible bartenders) I'm glad I went once.
Here we are again before heading out for the night. This was a night of a lot of firsts for me. My first headband, my first pair of skinny jeans ( i had just bought a few hours prior ((Forever 21, for 27.99)) and wearing it out that night)
This was M and I showing the world how to "smile with our eyes" we would make Tyra so proud.
I'm not sure if my dropped jaw was at the fact that I was on my 36th beer or the fact that no one thought twice of Ed holding my clutch like he knows what he's doing.
Last but not least it was me hugging the birthday girl herself. I'm going to be slightly cheesy for a bit and say that even though I am proud of you for getting into grad school it would have been much cooler if you applied to maybe Columbia, NYU, or PACE...I mean UofM....I can't even point it out on a map...how will I find you? Anyways, Thanks for a great weekend...thanks for flying in and hanging out with us M&M...you are the best family ever.

3 comments:

Oscar's Mama said...

That last pic of you and M is really sweet.

May Yang-Lee Photography said...

I think edward does have the smiling with his eyes..down!

Michelle said...

Doris,
I now know why I don't actually READ your blogs...I think this entry has brought tears to my eyes...i am going to miss you, your skinny jeans, and headband (wait, can i have that back? jk) SO much...not sure why i chose UofM aka middle of no where, cold city over the life and excitement which NY has to offer. SIGH...guess i'll just have to visit, A LOT!!