Saturday, August 16, 2008

Another New York Moment

Dear avid readers, another funny New York moment happened to me last night that I thought you would enjoy, so I am going to share. It was Friday, Yours Truly had a good day at work, wen to the gym and had a good spin class and was headed home when I decided to stop by the local convenient store to pick up some miscellaneous items. Well, I picked up some peanut butter, a can of kidney beans and some eggs and was headed to the counter. I felt on top of the world, there was no line and only one register open, which in the city NEVER happens. So I stroll up to the counter and the man was super nice and all smiles and asked how my day was. well, he rang up everything until he got to the eggs and the damn eggs would just not go through. He kept trying and trying and he even tried typing in the numbers, but it just would not work. Finally, he had to call for backup and get his co-worker to find out the price. Well, by this time there was a line of 5 people behind me and I could tell that people were rolling their eyes behind my back, even though I felt in no way responsible. Well, they finally figured out the price ($2.89 by the way) and I paid with a credit card. As I was putting my credit card away the person behind me LITERALLY pushed his way next to me, throws down a box of condoms and started elbowing his way to pay. At first I was all angry and wanted to be like, "dude, really? c'mon" but then I saw that he had a box of condoms so I thought, "do you think he wanted to show me that he was buying this 'bulk' box of condoms to prove that he sleeps around a lot?" but after careful re-evaluation and taking a closer look at this balding, 5'2", dorko potatoe of a man I realized he probably was feeling so humiliated standing in line ONLY holding a box of condoms that he would rather shove me out of the way to purchase them then to just wait another 1.3 millisecond.
Anyways, I just had to share this story as it cracked me up

1 comment:

May Yang-Lee Photography said...

I also attempted to purchase a economy sized condom box at costco, and at that time was using my mom's costco card, the cashier refused to let me buy them because I was not a costco member, so i left them on the casher line and walked away angrily. I feel that guy!