Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wow....so much is a happenin'

Dear Avid Readers. I have never considered myself to be much of an avid sports watcher; however, maybe it's because it's in my "homeland" maybe becuase of all the controversy surrounded the event, maybe it's just because I've had a lot of free time on my hands, but I have been LOVING the Olympics and all the drama surrounding it this year.
I mean forget the fact that it is in Beijing and already there has been murder and suicide, but also a very Milli Vanilli esque lip-sync scandal. I guess the silver lining came with this man I like to call "Dinner"
Please meet my Mr. Filet James Blake. He is a mouthful of deliciousness who just last night beat Federer and will be the only US male in the Olympic finals. I know everyone is going goo goo ga ga over that Phelps guy, but c'mon girls, you don't even need beer goggles for this piece of Olympic heaven. Whether he is with hair or without he is a sight for Yours Truly to behold.
Secondly, seriously Spain? I mean not only to pose with the "Chinese Eyes" but then to not even apologize and to say that it was done via "affection" I mean that's how ridonkulous it is. In fact I was reading CNN.com and the President of the Spanish Basketball Association was actually quoted as saying, "It was a gesture of affection ... and identification with the Chinese people." With that being said, yours truly now feels like the Spaniards really understand me and my peeps and how we feel and how we see the world. Can you believe it? Absolutely unreal. That's my Olympic blog for now. More to come for sure.

No comments: