Friday, September 5, 2008

How Long is Long Enough

So I have officially been at my new job for 42 days, and I am curious, my Dear Avid Readers, if you feel that it is long enough to start getting mean. I have this one co-worker named RK (aka Mr. Ridonkulous) and he is the most annoying, angry, ugly, mean co-worker ever. Whenever I ask him a question he just oozes sarcasm. I mean I sometimes sit at work and think of mean things that I could say back to him...for example (this is the conversation that occurred today):

Me: Hi RK, Would a student who is interested in the Doctoral program need to retake the TOEFL?
RK: Do we handle the Doctoral Programs? (sarcasm, sarcasm)
ME: I guess NO???
RK: Why would I know about something we don't handle?
ME: So, we don't even answer questions about programs we don't handle
RK: Why would we? It goes to the person who handles them
ME: Well who would that be then RK?
RK: John Dory...

Now, after this conversation I sort of re-imagined it going more so like this

Me: Hi RK, Would a student who is interested in the Doctoral program need to retake the TOEFL?
RK:Do we handle the Doctoral Programs? (sarcasm, sarcasm)
ME: I don't know, do we?
RK: Why would I know about something we don't handle?
ME: Good question. I'm not sure, but if I had to guess I would say it is because you are anal rententive and you actually know the answer but just like to act like a dick vein and throb uncontrollably when being asked a question because of your alpha male ego doesn't know how to put itself in check? (smile innocently as if my question is totally legit)
RK: Give it to the person who handles it!
ME: I'll handle you!

Ok, so maybe 42 days is too soon to have conversation 2 happen but lord knows I am dying to get to the point where I can say something like that!....so Dear Avid Readers, what do you say, maybe day 62?

4 comments:

Oscar's Mama said...

"I'll Handle You!" was hilarious! Made my day picturing you saying it!

Oscar's Mama said...

Dick vein was pretty priceless as well.

Doris and John said...

seriously he is not even worthy of an Ass Hole...the hole is too holy for him. He is truly and utterly a dick vein...when he speaks I just picture the grossness that is a dick vein and replace it with his head (no pun intended)

May Yang-Lee Photography said...

i think you should wait more like 67 days.