Thursday, July 22, 2010

What about the Sh*# that I say?

Dear Justin Halpren (sorry avid readers today's post is directly marketed and geared toward one person and one person only)

As an unemployed, quote-unquote, Gen-Y slacker you claim to be a writer yet based your entire success off of words from someone else. And not just anyone else but your father. (Plagiarize much?) And because it's hard to copywrite the spoken word you were able to directly copy and paste what came out of his mouth onto your little blog that got turned into a medium sized book and now mainstream media will turn into a huge network TV show. Please don't get me wrong, I am one and one for all about the success of Gen-Y'ers especially in this economy and have many-a-times promoted a great blog. But what Yours Truly does not understand is why the words of a sometimes racist, sexist, agist and angry old white man can make so many people, especially yourself happy and rich.

I wonder what it is about your father that garnered so much attention. I mean I think I say shit everyday. I say shit on Facebook I say shit on my blog and I say shit in real life. However, no one (well as of yet) has offered me a book deal, a TV deal or has decided that William Shatner would be perfect to play me (I guess that would never happen but what about Lucy Liu?) (or as my brothers like to claim Margaret Cho)

Either way, Dear Avid Justin, I would like to officially take the time to not thank you for lowering the standards of which our next generation of Z'ers will have to choose their reading and viewing materials from.

Enjoy the headstone, may your TV show be a 3 episode success.

Sincerely
Yours Truly.

1 comment:

The Thus said...

The Thus
The Thus Nice Share.. you must try on WordPress.