Monday, September 15, 2008

Asian Rock Lover

Dear Avid Readers, this is going to be one LONG, CRAZY, UNBELIEVABLE post. As the following events are absolutely real.

So, a few weeks back I started a new job as Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions. As part of my job I answer emails from students on a daily basis. Some students come in with amazingly great questions, some students ask important questions but that can be found with minimal research and then there are the students that just ask the dumbest questions that don't deserve an answer. But it is very rare, indeed, that someone would write an email that literally seems out from left field.
Below, I am going to outline the happenings of the craziest coincidence EVER. The other day I was reading through my work emails and found one titled
"Asian Senstation thehottieasiansenstation@gmail.com" it read:
9/7/2008
Hello Ms. Lee,
I want to be accepted into Pace University. I feel that I am qualified because I know every rock on planet Earth as well as the outer space world. I am so good with rocks people have called me Mr. Rock. This is why I should be accepted into Pace. Hope to hear your response. Good day, Mr. Ronald "the rock" Chang.
I thought it was funny and a joke and showed my co-workers but we all agred that in order to be politically correct, in case "the Rock" was serious I should write back. So, on 9/7/08 I wrote:
Dear Mr. Chang,
thank you for your interest in Pace University. I would be more than happy to discuss the different opportunities offered here at Pace if I were to know what program you were interested in.
Immediately the next day I heard back
9/8/2008
Hello Ms. Lee,
If you have a program about Rock study I would be more than qualified. Probably more so than the professor. I really hope you have a program in rock study, but if not then I think I will excel in psychology for many reasons. As I have become more familiar with rocks my feelings have become attached also. I try to understand and feel what each rock is feeling and I believe they respect me and care about me because I do this. I feel that the rocks trust me and look to me with guidance as I try to show them the light. I think this is the same aspect with humans. Rocks and humans are the same and since I know everything about rocks it will be easy to know everything about humans. So, when can I start school? Thank you, Ronald "the rock" Chang
Now, after reading this I was like, okay this is totally a joke and I decided to ignore Mr. Rock and move on with my life. I stored these emails away in the same file as the lyrics to all Weird Al Yankovich songs (which is in the far nether regions of my brain) and continued on with life. Well, a few days later I received a third email as follows
9/11/2008
Hello Ms. Lee,
I have not heard back from you and was wondering about any possible rock scholarships available. Maybe a $10,000 dollar scholarship for a student who excels in naming various rocks on the spot. Or even maybe a scholarship to a student who the rocks trust with their lives. I am that person. Rocks trust me and are willing to sacrifice their lives for me; that is how much these rocks love me. So, if you could tell me about the scholarships available I would greatly appreciate that. Since I have been spending most of my time with rocks (taking care of them, cleaning them, talking to them, etc) I have not been getting any income in so a scholarship would be nice. Please email me back and let me know. Thank you, Ronald "the rock" Chang.
Again, I ignored it, but then on 9/15/2008 I decided to catch up on all my blogs of friends and family and started reading through. Some people had updated many-a-happenings in their life which I was glad to read about, and others have not updated in days, weeks, months which I was very un-glad to not read about. But what was craziest is when I got to Dear Avid Little Brothers blog and his latest blog entry: The Weirdest Guy Ever if you read it will knock your socks off.
Now, I am not prone to superstition nor do I really get super spooked out by coincidence. I usually embrace coincidence with love and acceptance, but due to the weirdness of this rock guy I am totally freakiing out. What makes it worse is that I just finished watching Heroes season 1 & 2 and sort of wonder if this rock guy has super powers but becuase he is such a freak of nature that we are all just ignorning and missing out on his special skills to speak and understand rocks. Should I give him a chance or write him off as a Crazy McCrazerson?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just browsing blogger website and found this blog two days ago and then today I read your blog. This is so weird.

http://whoisrchang.blogspot.com/

Oscar's Mama said...

Craziness.

Car Audio Stereo said...

I really like the love stone pic but you need work hard on that. Thanks!