Monday, September 15, 2008

Tropic Thunder


Dear Avid Readers, now that I have gotten off my political soapbox, let's go back to what the Daily Grind is all about...the things that happen daily that makes it grindful....errr something like that. So for my birthday, I received a wonderful gift from My Avid brother and sister-in-law in the form of free movie tickets. Usually when I get free movie tickets I like to spend it one movies that I typically reserve to watch "On-Demand" or "Net Flix". For example, I use it on movies like: Superbad, Don't Mess with the Zohan, or Baby's Mama. But for movies like The Secret Lives of Others, Lust Caution, or Notes on a Scandal I happily give them my $12 for the show. Anyways, so I had some free movie tickets and was told by an Avid Reader to go and watch Tropic Thunder.
Now, for those of you who may have seen it maybe you do or don't feel the same way I do but the following viewpoints are held my Yours Truly alone and do not represent the feelings or opions of the dear avid readers, blogspot, or Miramax Films!
This movie was triple O.C. (aggressively out of control) I saw Jack Black suck blood from a bat's face, Robert Downey Junior portray a fake black man, and a whole bunch of Vietnamese speak a weird combination of Mandarin/Jibberish. I couldn't tell if the Producers were too lazy to find out what language was actually spoken in Vietnam or if they thought it would be funnier if these Vietnamese spoke Mandarin. Either way there were parts of this movie that I did NOT get at all.
On the other hand, there were parts of this movie that I thought were unbelievable. I mean a balding, over-weight Tom Cruise rapping and breaking it down made my entire Sunday night, knowing that Jennifer Love Hewitt had enough humor and wit to do a cameo in the movie was another highlight. Lastly, seeing the little adopted boy fly off of Ben Stiller's back was probalby the funniest thing in the entire movie.
With that being said, dear avid readers, this is a movie that if you MUST see I definitely say that you watch it at home with the convenience of a couch and/or a bed, if you can not get through it!

No comments: