Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hilarious

Dear Avid Readers I almost spit up my coffee this morning whilst reading something that is all at once hilarious and frightening. This post is truly dedicated to Avid Reader M.L. of Madison Wisconsin. As some of you may know Yours Truly is one of the biggest fans of Facebook. In fact, a major portion of my work day revolves around making sure that none of my friends lives are missed by scrolling the daily updates via Facebook. Well, this morning, being a slow Thursday, I decided to go on and look at all the comments that have been made. and in order to protect those involved I have blocked off specific names and pictures.

Anyways, I was on Facebook this morning and my name caught my attention for 2 of my mutual friends were writing each other. Person 1 (above) writes this to Person 2 (below)....[please note that all words in parenthesis are haved been changed from its original format to protect those involved]

"(PERSON 1) of the Iowa City (ONES)? Awesome. How are you? (YOUR MAN)? Wisconsin? I hope our paths cross again soon. Maybe when (YOURS TRULY) gets married................? Right."
Well I was laughing because I love when mutual friends find each other and become friends and then we can all one day hang out. It's sort of a fantasy of mine that I can connect everyone I know and they all love each other because they love me and we can all be b.f.f.'s so I was loving that P1 and P2 were writing each other and on Facebook and are buddies until I read P2's response

"Ha! Yes, it's (PERSON 1) of the Iowa City (ONES). That's awesome. (THE HUSBAND) and I are well and yes, in Madison. It would be very fun to hang out again and definitely when (YOURS TRULY) gets married! That is going to be a killer bachelorette party! Hope you are fantastic!"

It was when I read this that Yours Truly went from giddy to frightened. The reason being. I am now absolutely fearful of the pressure the day of my bachelorette party will bring.

First of all...let me just say to my dearest avid readers I thank you so much for not only thinking that if I were to ever have a bachelorette party that ya'll think it will be so much fun. Secondly, I love it even more that my friends are all becoming virtual friends with one another so that if the day comes it will truly be so much fun as everyone loves everyone else. But this is a lot of pressure for me. I mean I feel now like I should be reading books like...
1. The Best Bachelorette Planning Guide
2. Bachelorette Parties for Dummies
3. The ABC's to the Best Bachelorette Party Eva'
However, instead, I am reading novels like "My Horizontal Life" and although I typically do not like Chick Lit, I did decide out of the blue to read this one. And I am not peeing my pants like other have said when they read this book but it does paint a very true picture of what living in the city (although she is in LA so the types of men are very different but as far as how a lady thinks is true) is like. If any of you dear avid readers are headed to the beach soon and want something to read that takes about 1% of your brain then this is the book for you!

2 comments:

Oscar's Mama said...

You certainly don't need any help planning a party! Your b-day party last year was awesome and what makes the party to be so "killer" is that you'll be there!

P.S. I love that you almost spit out your coffee! Ha!

May Yang-Lee Photography said...

Haha...why can't WE your friends just all meet and hang out and have blast without the fact that it would have to be because your getting married, how about just BECAUSE YOU ARE AWESOME and it can be for a b-day either or some special occasion. Who knows when that will be (your's truly boy) oh wait i am not on face sheet i may not be able to join the festivities and facebook fun talk. WE you guys should do it anyway.