Friday, July 2, 2010

The Real Non-Housewives of NYC


Yes Dear Avid Readers, I am guilty of loving The Real Housewives of All The Cities. I watch them incessantly, laughing at them and never quite with them for the most part but still with-them nonetheless. I share their lives from city to city story to story. I know their children, their husbands and their daily grind. But what I don't understand is why I am obsessed. I mean, I like to think that yours truly has a deep understanding of myself. I usually can pinpoint the reasons I feel a certain way, why I act the way I do and I am 99% of the time honest with myself through the hurtful truths and the righteous ones. But this obsession, this dire need to watch and be addicted is somehow hard to pinpoint.

Take Kelly, for example, she openly admits she is a hypocrite (most likely because she does not know the definition of a hypocrite) but either way, she says that she supports PETA but wears fur because PETA is only against torturing animals and she did not torture any animals to get that mink on her back. Why would I, Dear Avid Readers, find someone like her interesting? She also said that "making lemonade out of lemons doesn't necessarily need to mean making a bad situation good but could also mean making a good situation bad."(FALSE, Kelly, FALSE)

Or how about the charges this 45 year old filed on a 19 year old (although the 19 year old was at fault) over hair pulling extensions. I mean I should feel sad and disgraces by these women who are so trashy that they forgot the number one lesson in self-less parenting and that is to want your children to be better than yourself and not end up like yourself. These parents are taking it one step further and raising children to end up being like the women they despise.

What am I ultimately trying to say? Well, Dear Avid Readers, I needs to quits this show, but I just don't know how (same line I told myself many moons ago when i tried to quit smoking). but really, even with smoking I had to employ a hypnotist to fully be able to say adios to those killers. I may need the same therapy for these ladies. I just want to warn my avid readers that if you open Page 6 of the New York Post one day and front page story is of a young lady getting hypnotized to quit the Real Housewives, don't be scared. You heard it here first.

No comments: