Wednesday, July 7, 2010

You Go On Girl...Move On.


Moving on.

Dear Avid Readers, I have been noticing how much people like to move on. They are constantly on to the next fashion trend, music trend, novel, author, restaurant, bar...you name it they have already moved onto it two weeks before I even thunk it; but that's not me.
My ipod still has music from Erasure (my first cassette tape purchase) or how about Aerosmith "Big Ones" (my first concert experience) I mean it even has a few Blink 182 (first downloaded mp3). I am absolutely ok with all these mover-oners who scoff at my Weird Al Playlist. the reason for that is, while the rest of my Dear Avid Readers move on to bigger, not-necessarily-always-better things I store the oldies but goodies away.
I'm the girl that walks into a party and the crowd says, "whoa, you have (insert any old school hit)" or "Man, I haven't seen that shit in years" that's becuase even though I learn to love and accept new trends I continue to hold on to the old ones.
Whilst my fellow Avid Readers are spending hundreds of dollars on skinny jeans, all I have to do is unpack my shit from storage and pull out my high school jeans. I mean we all know that it eventually comes back around. You may compare me to Weird Al's hit "White and Nerdy" (for all you folks out there Yours Truly is Asian) all I have to say is that's fine. I am absolutely happy with that because when it's all said and done.

No comments: